Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is ‘Top Ten Books I Was “Forced” to Read’.
1. Night (The Night Trilogy #1) by Elie Wiesel: (5/5 Stars) I believe it was my freshman year of high school that I was required to read this. I absolutely loved this book! I’m fascinated by the Holocaust… No I’m not some weird person. I hope that doesn’t come across as weird… But anyway, this was a great book and I LOVED it!
2. Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare: (5/5 Stars) Okay, who doesn’t love this book!? Seriously!? This is the best love story there is… End of story!
3. The Crucible by Arthur Miller: (4/5 Stars) Salem Witch Trials… I’m sure everyone knows what this is.. But I LOVE learning about the Salem Witch Trials, so I loved this book!
4. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee: (5/5 Stars) Must I need an explanation for the artwork!? WOW! I read this sophomore year in high school and I still remember A LOT from this book… I’m currently a sophomore in college… I LOVE this book!
5. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald: (4/5 Stars) I read this either my junior or senior year of high school, I can’t remember. It was the same year that I read The Crucible I know that for sure… But anyhow, this book was amazing! I saw the older version of the movie and still haven’t seen the new one yet!
6. The Pearl by John Steinbeck: (3/5 Stars) I read this sophomore year in high school and wasn’t really my favorite book to read… It had an interesting plot, but it just wasn’t the story for me..
7. The Odyssey by Homer: (4/5 Stars) Read this freshman year I believe… I LOVE mythology so I loved this book to pieces!
8. Beowulf by ??: (2/5 Stars) I had a hard time understanding the story… If my teacher at the time wouldn’t have explained what was going on, I wouldn’t have understood anything. What I did understand from the teacher was awesome, but I had a hard time with it.
9. Hamlet by William Shakespeare: (5/5 Stars) I LOVED Hamlet! I LOVE Shakespeare’s writing style and his stories! They are absolutely amazing! I LOVED Hamlet!
10. The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien: (3/5 Stars) I love fantasy worlds so this was so interesting to me. I have never seen any of the Lord of the Rings movie and probably never will. I did go and see this movie, but I ended up falling asleep in the movie theatre, maybe it was too dark and it was late; I’m not sure.