Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is ‘Top Ten Tuesday: “Gateway” Books/Authors In My Reading Journey’. —
Sorry guys, I pre-write my posts and this was actually next week’s post. Sorry about that! Next week you’ll get this week’s top 10. ;)
This is in order of how much they have affected me.
1. The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer: Introduced me to the Young Adult genre and vampires. My obsession with this lasted until the last book. That doesn’t mean I don’t love Twilight anymore-because I do. It’s my all time favorite series and she’s my all time favorite author. No matter how good of any book, this series/author will always come first!
2. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins: This trilogy introduced me to the dystopian genre. I love thinking about what the world could be like in the future, so this helped fuel my interest in it! Now, dystopia is one of my favorite genres to read!
3. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James: This trilogy introduced me to the adult contemporary romance. Yes, I do realize there is a lot of sex and weird stuff that goes on. I still really enjoyed this trilogy.
4. The Host by Stephenie Meyer: I stopped reading after I finished the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy the summer before I started college (so 2 years ago). I picked up The Host last August (2013) because of the movie. Since The Host, I have been reading nonstop and I thank Stephenie Meyer again for bringing me back to reading. :)
5. Shadow and Bone (The Grisha #1) by Leigh Bardugo & 6. Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone #1) by Laini Taylor: These 2 amazing books introduced me to the fantasy genre. Fantasy is a very BROAD term because pretty much any book could fall under fantasy. But, you know your in an actual fantasy book, when you can’t pronounce names! :) I VERY much enjoyed both of these books (both 5/5 stars) and I’m so glad I picked both of them up!
7. The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks: This introduced me to the contemporary side of Young Adult (as well as adult with Dear John). I was such a big fan of Miley Cyrus growing up, and when I heard she was going to be in The Last Song, I immediately went and got the book. I absolutely LOVE this book and even 5 years later (I think that’s how long it’s been, maybe longer) and I still remember pretty much everything that happened in this book! I absolutely love Nicholas Sparks’ writing!
8. The D.U.F.F. by Kody Keplinger: I read this book in one sitting. I read this in December and I still remember exactly what goes on in this book. I absolutely loved this book to pieces and is definitely one of my all time favorite books. I loved this story and the 2 main characters so very much!!!!
9. The Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead: I read this series when I believe Blood Promise was being released. So I read this series about 4 1/2 years ago. I don’t really remember much because I read books in between those and I was in high school, but I remember absolutely LOVING this series! It’s definitely one of my all time favorite series!!!
10. Anything by Jennifer L. Armentrout: Guys, if you’ve been watching my posts, you’ll know how obsessed I am with her books. I’ve read 6 of her books so far! (Wait for You, Frigid, Bitter Sweet Love, White Hot Kiss, Obsidian, and Onyx). I’ve absolutely LOVED all the books to pieces. I am now to the point where I will read anything by her and I’ve made it my goal by the end of 2014, I will have read all her books up until this year!