Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is ‘Top Ten Books/Movies To Read Or Watch To Get In The Halloween Spirit’. This is is no particular order.
Halloween is just in 3 days and I’m really excited! I have always loved Halloween, I loved dressing up and going treat-or-treating as a kid! I LOVEEE watching Hocus Pocus, HalloweenTown and all those movies that would show on the kids stations when I was growing up. I always watch Hocus Pocus every year, it’s definitely my favorite! Now that I’m back in reading, I’ve made it a goal to read Halloween related books. However, this month I’ve totally sucked.. All I want is new adult, thanks Walking Disaster… But this would be my top 10 if I was actually in the mood!!
1. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake: I will be starting this book (if not, I already have) by Halloween. This was one that I NEEDED to read. I own both books in the duology and will most likely read the 2nd one immediately after!
2. The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting: I bought this not too long ago and it would be PERFECT for Halloween. Unfortunately because of my new adult kick, this may have to wait until next year or some other time between now and then.
3. Rot & Ruin by Jonathan Maberry: I bought this book last summer to read last Halloween… Did I do it? HAHA no. I’m terrible. Next year….
4. The Devouring by Simon Holt: This book is extremely creepy (so I’ve heard) and is absolutely perfect! Again, maybe next year!
5. The Fall by Bethany Griffin: This recently released so I have an excuse.. Maybe next year! But really, this does sound incredibly interesting and a perfect read for October! Can’t wait to pick it up!
6. Hexed by Michelle Krys: I got an ARC of this forever ago on NetGalley, I’m terrible… I was planning on reading it this month, but hopefully I’ll still get to it soon! I’ve heard SOO many amazing things and I adore the hardcover edition!
7. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter: Ohh boy, this is really high on my general TBR. The 3rd book in the trilogy just released and one of my good book friends is really pushing me to start this trilogy. I’ll probably be reading this before next Halloween, but would be a great Halloween read!
8. Bad Girls Don’t Die by Katie Alender: I recently (as in like last 4 months) discovered this book! I LOVE the cover! It sounds PERFECT for Halloween.. Again, hopefully next year!
9. They All Fall Down by Roxanne St. Claire: This JUST came out, but oh my gosh! THAT COVER! I IMMEDIATELY added it to my TBR when I saw the cover. Then I noticed it mentioned Pretty Little Liars which is one of my favorite shows (still on season 4, I’m far behind). But if it’s similar, HECK YES I WANNA READ IT! :D
10. The Murder Complex by Lindsay Cummings: I went to the signing, met her, been stalking this book FOREVER, STILL haven’t read it. Like seriously… I’m TERRIBLE! I WILL be reading this before next Halloween for sure, but it would have been a great book to read during the Halloween season!