Hey guys! So I completely forgot to do my weekly update on what I read, so I’m going to combine the 2 weeks into this post. Since my last post, I have finished 5 books and am going to finish another later today.
What I Finished:
- The Gathering of Shadows by J.D. Netto: A FULL REVIEW WILL BE ON BLOG THIS WEEK! Like the book and the plot through this sequel. It was a very quick read- I think it only took me maybe 3 hours to finish. Even though the plot and world continued, I still felt like I couldn’t fully connect. It’s like I could imagine the world, but some of it was still blurry. I felt I lost the connection with the characters and to be honest, I forgot a lot of what happened in the previous 2 and who some of the characters were. I also felt the action was too quick. It started then a few pages later the battle was over.
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆
- A Brutal Betrayal by D.C. Renee: A FULL REVIEW WILL BE ON BLOG THIS WEEK! This was such an emotional, dark read. I did catch on towards the beginning what was going to happen later in the book but didn’t think it was actually going to happen. This was such a beautiful read despite what all these 2 characters have gone through in their lives. I did feel I couldn’t fully connect with the characters.
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆☆½
- The Offer by Karina Halle: I listened to this as an audiobook. I very much enjoyed the audiobook, just not a fan of the lady who did Nicola, her dialogue for Eva and Kayla. Drove me crazy! I worry that with the way Kayla was portrayed and how her voice was in this audiobook, that when I read The Play I’ll be annoyed with her character because I’ll have that voice in my head. :( I hope that won’t be the case… I loved Nicola and Bram’s story 10x more than Steph and Linden. I felt I connected with their characters more. And, come on, any guy who treats little kids like Bram did completely wins my heart. Let’s be real. ;)
Loved their story so so much. my heart broke a hundred times, especially for Eva.
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆☆☆
- Come To Me Quietly by A.L. Jackson: Wow, just… Wow. I’m at a lose for words at the moment. I was getting so frustrated come the halfway mark and not knowing about Jared’s past. It was literally driving me insane! You don’t find out until the last 100 pages or so and as soon as the truth comes out, it completely goes downhill from there. Holy crap, this book was nothing like I expected. My heart is completely shattered for Jared and knowing what happened in his past. I had an idea for what could have happened, but turned out to be completely off. I’m VERY happy the sequel follows them. I wouldn’t say it ends in a cliffhanger necessarily, but one where you need the need book immediately. Does that make sense? Well… of the million books I own, the sequel is not one of those. Dang.
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆☆☆
- Crashing Souls by Cynthia A. Rodriguez: Okay, what kind of ending is that?! I don’t even know what to do right now, I’m still in shock. I had some speculations as to how it would end. but didn’t think it would actually end that way…. :( I think that I’m such a hard core romance kind of person that I have to have that H.E.A., this doesn’t have one… I will say the story was amazing. The ending, not too crazy for. Again, because of me being a romance addict… If you don’t mind not having an H.E.A, then I would recommend this book! I loved Dex and Noa, their characters were so interesting and I loved that the first half was Dex and second half was Noa. I did also have alot of confusion with the whole Grim Reaper portion…. I overall really enjoyed this book, but the ending wasn’t my biggest cup of tea. I would still recommend this to alot of people, but would warn of the loss of H.E.A… I’ll have more thoughts on a full review soon. I need time to process this book… (UPDATE: I did talk to the author shortly after and there will be a sequel, so I will update my review reflecting with that.)
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆☆
What I’m Currently Reading:
I have about 10% left in the The Play and I’m seriously in love… I thought Bram was going to be my favorite and Lachlan has beaten that. I think it’s because of his personality… He’s such a complete sweetheart and my heart aches for him. Plus, the dogs.. I mean really!? I’m listening to Rock Chick as an audiobook and I’m obsessed! It’s a pretty long book, but I’m hoping to finish it by Thanksgiving. :) (It’s my first KA book!)
What’s on My Agenda:
These are my next 2 books to read. I’m definitely going to try and read HP before the end of the week. I’ve got to finish the whole series before the end of the year. That’s my goal and I completely intend to do so! :)
See you guys next week!