Guys, I fail at posting on my blog. I’ve gotten so busy this semester with my classes. It’s not that my classes are hard this semester, it’s that they are extremely time-consuming! So I’m going to play catch up from my last reading stack. :)
WEEK OF FEBRUARY 28TH-MARCH 5TH:
- Driven by K. Bromberg: I THINK I caught on to what happened to Colton when he was younger. But knowing me, I’m probably wrong. I really liked this story, but I felt a little was missing. I didn’t feel as connected with the characters and I love that I have the e-book boxset which has Raced, the novella for Colton’s POV throughout the trilogy so it’s woven into the 3 books, so it’s nice having his perspective instead of waiting until the series is completely over. I felt we didn’t see much of any of his racing career, just him in the spotlight. Hopefully we see more in the sequel. I really like both characters and I’m curious to see how they develop and get past what has happened to both.
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆☆
- In Flight by R.K. Lilley: Absolutely loved this book! James Cavendish has landed a spot on my top book boyfriends list. Now, I havent read many erotic books similar to this and Fifty Shades, but choosing between Christian Grey and James Cavendish is almost difficult. I loved Bianca and James’ relationship so far and they clearly have alot to work on so I’m curious and excited to see how they end up and how much obstacles they need to go through to get to that last spot. Loved this book, great narration as an audiobook. I started flipping between audio and ebook to finish in time for ABF this weekend around 33%, but loved this book to pieces. I wouldn’t be surprised if this series makes it on my top reads of 2016… Loved it! Can’t wait to get my hands on the sequel and conclusion, just hope it’s sooner than later. :)
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆☆☆
WEEK OF MARCH 6TH-12TH:
- Forgiving Lies by Molly McAdams: Okay, first off. Molly McAdams…. We start to get a happy epilogue then THAT gets thrown. Why. Just. Why?! But loved this book despite that cliffhanger ending. I’m very happy I have the sequel on my shelf and will definitely be starting that very soon. I now understand the green Sour Patch Kids reference. :) Loved Kash, but then again, who wouldn’t love him?! I’m nervous yet excited to see what happens in the sequel. This book wasn’t at all what I expected it to be. I got teary eyed and almost lost it a couple times. Candice unfortunately even after being redeemed, I still don’t like her character. Regardless if Rachel forgave her, I don’t. Friends don’t act like Candice did and honestly I don’t think she will continue to redeem herself in the sequel. I will be beyond shocked if Molly is able to redeem her for me.
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆☆☆
- Cherished by Kelly Elliott: Absolutely freaking loved this book. This whole series. Every character. Every. Freaking. Drama. Filled. Moment!!!! I still have a Forever Love to read, but it follows Gunner’s grandparents. I’m beyond excited to start the spin off series. I have become so attached to these characters and after the spin off series is finished, I really don’t know what I’m going to do! I tried to fight off my tears soo much while reading the epilogue. So bittersweet!
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆☆☆
WEEK OF MARCH 13TH-19TH:
- My Soul to Keep by Kennedy Ryan: I LOVED this book! Words cannot describe how much I LOVED Rhyson!!! I seriously wish emojis worked on Goodreads because it can do a better job at explaining my feelings and showing you exactly how I felt about this book. Ugh, this book. Tears never stopped. A lot were happy tears (in a way). Kennedy has such a gorgeous writing style and the background Kai comes from just brought tears to my eyes multiple times. Just the way it was told and what certain characters would do, it was just a constant flow of tears! I don’t want to give too much away from the plot and spoil anything which is why that sounds extremely vague, but once they start occuring, you’ll know what I’m talking about. Seriously. Kennedy’s writing is gorgeous and I’m beyond excited to read more from her. She’s definitely working in to one of my favorite authors because of her writing. I loved the characters she created, especially our 2 main characters. Now, the ending, that could go another way… I still don’t like what happened in the end. Just to be warned for those that haven’t read this, it does have a pretty big cliffhanger, but know that the sequel releases at the end of the month so not much waiting time. It’s one of those that you just have to know IMMEDIATELY what happened and figure out how they will get through it because obviously they will right? If not, that’s cool. I’ll take Rhys. ;)
I’m going to gush again- I. LOVED. THIS. BOOK. EVERY. DANG. MINUTE. WAS. BEAUTIFUL!
I will be posting a full length review in the weeks that follow so be on the lookout for that!
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆☆☆
- Down to My Soul by Kennedy Ryan: I need more!!!!! I loved this sequel. You get so attached to these characters and what is going on that you just want to reach through your Kindle and scream and tell them they are making the wrong decision! Rhys has definitely made it into my list of top book boyfriends – his character and his personality was to die for and you can’t help but fall in love with him. What I really like most I guess about Kai and Rhys’ relationship, despite all the drama and secrets that came along with the two (let’s just ignore that for the sake of this comment) how well they communicate with each other. I know you’re probably wondering why I would say that after saying the drama and secrets that come between the couple, but despite all that, their interactions is what really drew me. Yes, they had secrets and weren’t always honest. But the way they communicated with each other is different from alot of books I read (maybe I just didn’t pay much attention as I did in this one). But I truly felt they communicate fairly well. I’m praying there’s a 3rd book- that just being me. It does wrap up nicely, but being the absolute hardcore romance addict I am, I always want more to a couples’ story. Maybe even like a novella or something…. ;)
Overall, I loved these 2 books and I will have full length reviews of both books very soon on my blog if your curious to see more thoughts as well as teasers I make. :)
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆☆☆
WEEK OF MARCH 20TH-26TH:
- Deceiving Lies by Molly McAdams: Wow, just wow. This book took me by surprise in every aspect. I knew with the ending of the first, it was going to be a crazy book. But dang, was I wrong! So much drama and craziness! I absolutely love Molly’s writing and cannot wait to dive into more of her books. I’m seriously kicking myself, as I always do for having waited so long to start her books. I am finally starting to understand the love for her books! Kash has completely stolen a chunk of my heart, especially towards the end. I was worried with the course it was going that I wouldn’t like the last half. But, I ended up loving every minute of this duet. I do hope and pray we get something on Trent. I am curious to see more of his character (I’m not even sure if he has a book out yet or not??) Molly, if not can I put in a personal request? ;)
Loved this book. Got teary eyed quite a bit. I’m very excited to read her other books- I know some are tear jerkers and not like this book at all.
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆☆☆
- Hidden Bodies by Caroline Kepnes: I don’t know what happened in the sequel. Maybe a factor into why is because how long it took me to read. Then again, more than half the book, I honestly felt bored. I hate to say that because I absolutely loved the first. Joe is such a creepy, scary, intimidating, psychotic, yet very interesting character and I was SOO excited for the sequel. Especially after hearing Hans from Frozen did the voice for both books! I was so beyond excited! Santino did a FANTASTIC job with Joe’s character and portraying his personality. SPOT ON. However, there were MANY characters in this book that drove me NUTS. I’m sure it was made to be that way with Joe’s POV especially since we are seeing everything through his crazy eyes. Maybe that’s the reason. But for some reason, this just didn’t live up to the greatness I guess of the first book. That’s not to say this was amazing! I did enjoy it. But, I feel Joe kind of lost his “spunk” and personality that we really got to see in the first. He was a different guy in this book. I don’t know how to feel with the ending- it is definitely open to a 3rd and I hope because honesty I’m not satisfied if that was the end. I am still curious to see what happens to him. There’s still so much I want to know about his character and I don’t want to spoil anything from the book but there’s soo much that happens in this book that doesn’t get all cleared up in the end. Which is why I think there might be a 3rd. Caroline Kepnes is definitely a very talented writer for sure. But I think I lost my touch with Joe in this one. I think I had such HIGH expectations, that it just didn’t live up to it unfortunately for me. But again, I loved how it started picking back up. There was one part towards the end I picked up on and knew what was going to come. Won’t spoil anything. ;)
I love Joe’s character despite how TWISTED and psychotic he is. It is scary to think that people like Joe are out there… Great sequel, overall enjoyed, but I think my expectations were just too high for the most part. I would definitely still recommend this book- especially in audio! Seriously, Santino does a FANTASTIC job at portraying Joe’s character!!!! Wish I would have done You in audio as well!
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆½
- Fueled by K. Bromberg: Why. Why. Why that ending?! Why a HUGE cliffhanger?! I’m so beyond glad I have the boxset and can start the 3rd book. I can probably bet I will start it tomorrow. I’m literally fighting off sleep at the moment- have been for over an hour trying to finish this book. I definitely loved this more than the sequel and I have fallen for Colton. There’s still more I’m curious to know about his character and hoping we get to see it all come together in the 3rd. I’m dying to know what happened even though I obviously know what happened but it can go many ways with that cliffhanger. This book was just frustrating I guess is the best way. Rylee and Colton clearly both have alot of baggage they carry and neither have really come to terms with what has happened to them in the past causing their relationship to strain because of it. I hope Colton comes to his senses and we finally learn what happened even though I have a pretty good idea of what happened to him growing up.
I can’t wait to start the 3rd, pretty sure I’ll be starting it tomorrow because that ending is killing me but I can’t fight off sleep anymore or I would be starting the 3rd right now!
- FINAL RATING: ☆☆☆☆½