Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros
Series: Flight & Glory #1
Published by Entangled- Embrace on February 10th 2014
Genres: Contemporary, Contemporary Romance, New Adult, Romance
Source: Finished copy from author
Buy on Amazon
A new adult novel from Entangled’s Embrace imprint…
Three knocks can change everything…
“She knew. That’s why Mom hadn’t opened the door. She knew he was dead.”
Twenty years as an army brat and Ember Howard knew, too. The soldiers at the door meant her dad was never coming home. What she didn’t know was how she would find the strength to singlehandedly care for her crumbling family when her mom falls apart.
Then Josh Walker enters her life. Hockey star, her new next-door neighbor, and not to mention the most delicious hands that insist on saving her over and over again. He has a way of erasing the pain with a single look, a single touch. As much as she wants to turn off her feelings and endure the heartache on her own, she can’t deny their intense attraction.
Until Josh’s secret shatters their world. And Ember must decide if he’s worth the risk that comes with loving a man who could strip her bare.
Wow… This book took me completely by surprise. I was not expecting to love it this much and to this magnitude. Easily one of my top reads of the year! Josh Walker completely and totally owns my heart (but shares with other B.F.F.’s) ;)
December’s father is apart of the military and they haven’t heard from him in a while. That is until, they get the dreaded knock on the door to say that their father is not coming home. Stricken by grief, Ember’s mom has gone blank. She doesn’t speak, doesn’t move, doesn’t react at all. With their mother currently “out of the picture”, Ember moves back home to care for her siblings. Josh, who Ember has had a crush on for a long time, comes into the picture saving her from complete and total grief. But, this should be the job of her boyfriend, Riley… Josh and Ember start to get closer and closer the more they run into each other. Situations thrown at them that can’t be more than coincidental.
Let me quickly say that I LOVE the names chosen. December, April and August (Gus)… LOVED IT! Okay, let’s just say that everything about this book was perfection! I bawled my eyes in the ending and laughed at many parts. This book is a complete roller coaster complete with the 360’s, upside downs and everything in between. There is nothing bad to say about anything about the story or the author. I have completely fell in love with her writing, these characters and their story. I’m excited yet nervous to read the next two… I have fallen hard for Josh and I worry the other two won’t live up to that. But, I hear Grayson in the 3rd does for sure. ;)
HIGHLY recommended if you haven’t already read this!
Hey guys! So I’ve had a pretty good reading week since my math class that was on the weekends ended. :) I finished 3 books and started another which I’m hoping to finish today. So let’s get started.
What I Finished:
- Full Measures by Rebecca Yarros: All time favorite for the year! I tried to contain my crying at the end and I tried VERY hard. This book was perfection! Josh Walker is literally perfection in itself. He literally has a big chunk of my heart. He IS the perfect man! Words CANNOT describe my love for him! This story was absolute perfection! I’m at a loss for words at the moment- I LITERALLY just finished the book. More thoughts will be on my full review soon. Easily a top favorite book of the year! I’m excited, yet very nervous to continue with this series! Josh has become one of my TOP book boyfriends! Love this book to pieces!!!
- Finding A Way by T.E. Black: love, love, LOVED this book! I usually never read synopsis’ anymore. If I do, I usually forget it by the time I start the book. This book was not what I expected it to be. I had a feeling something happened to one of the characters, but not like this. But all good things – I adored this book and I could not put it down. Had I not had to work yesterday along with homework and classes, I would have finished it yesterday! Callie and Mac were the cutest, yet most frustrating couple. I wanted to strangle the two of them for a long time! Their chemistry even at the beginning is (at least I think) the kind of love everyone wants. Mac was seriously just drop dead sexy. Dear lord, I highlighted this book like CRAZY! I’ll have more thoughts on my full review along with teasers!
- Love Always by Yessi Smith: Really enjoyed this! Very emotional and a crazy roller coaster for sure, but loved how it paned out. I wish for more in the end, I was confused at first because I wasn’t sure what was going on. I would have liked to see an epilogue from Dee or Adam’s point of view. But woah, this book was awesome! I loved Dee’s friends she made- I died laughing in several spots; toilet seat killed me! Why this isn’t 5 stars is because I felt the pacing was a little fast for me, but overall I’m VERY happy with the events that turned out. I’m excited to read more of Yessi’s books! more to come in a full review soon!
All 3 of these books will have full reviews up later this week if you want to see more of my thoughts. Teasers will be also posted after my reviews if you want to see some of those as well! Usually I try and post all teasers I make onto an Instagram account that I co-host with a friend- @just2bibliomaniacs.
What I’m Currently Reading:
This is the book I’m currently reading and hope to finish today as well. But, we will see! I do have a lot to do today and it’s already 1pm. :)
What’s Up Next To Read:
These are my next 3 I need to read. Dorothy Must Die is for a book club I’m apart of and it’s one of the 2 reads of the month. Sadly, because of time and my review pile, I didn’t get to read the first book which was a Stephen King book. :( I hope to finish all 3 of these and read more than just these, but we will see!
Hey guys! I’m sorry for not posting last week! I had a test in my math class on Sunday so I was focused on that. Plus I didn’t read much because of it. This week hasn’t been any better. My final for the math class is today so I’ve been studying for that. I have only finished 2 books since I last posted..
What I Finished:
- The Hazards of a One Night Stand by Alyssa Rose Ivy: I think one of my favorite types of romance is the small town ones. I think it’s because I can relate (somewhat) most to them and living in small town as well. Mallory who is our main character in this, is a lot like myself. When I first started college I was DYING to get out the town I’m in now. (I did, but I don’t want to go into my personal life, but I’m back) I loved Mallory/Colt a lot more than Juliet/Reed. Again, it could possibly due to the fact that it’s a small town kind of romance. Plus, it could also be a factor of the author’s writing improving. I was completely engrossed in this story! I know with the first, I could put it down at parts and be okay not to continue immediately. This wasn’t the case for the sequel! (Now, don’t take it the wrong way- I LOVED the first as well).
- Caught in the Glow by Eva Chase: I loved how unique and original this was! I was excited when the author contacted me saying it was a supernatural/paranormal new adult book. I’ve only ventured the romance side of new adult, so to see something like paranormal thrown in was fantastic! my only problem was understanding the Glowers. I’m still confused about them… overall I really enjoyed this book! more thoughts/full review will be up on my blog in about a week or so. :)
What I Will Be Starting This Week:
I’m hoping to knock all 3 of these out this week. Especially with my math class ending today I’ll have more free time. If I do finish all 3, I have more review books. You’ll see next Sunday what books I will pick up if I do finish these 3. :)
Hey guys! How’s y’alls weekend going? Mine’s been busy with my math class and work, but it’s good! Can’t believe it’s already over! :( Time is seriously flying by even faster!!! So let’s get this started! :D
What I Finished This Week:
- A Shattered Heart by Tiffany King: MY FULL REVIEW IS ALREADY UP- This is condensed, immediately after finishing thoughts…. wow… This book was so much more than I expected it to be! I have been looking forward to Kat’s story since I found out this would be hers. I’m still trying to process my thoughts so I’ll have more on a full review tomorrow on my blog. I recommend this series to the obvious: fans of NA, but also people who are wanting to start out in new adult and not get into all the sex scenes and everything. also someone wanting to start new adult as well as get themselves into darker reads. This series is DEFINITELY not a light read. It’s gut-wrenching, heart-breaking and every other word that can describe heart ache. But, it’s also amazing and Tiffany King is a fantastic writer!!
- Alexa Loved by T.R. Cupak: FULL REVIEW WILL BE SHORTLY- Not much after reading because this was a VERY emotional read, but I will say you’ll need 20 boxes of tissues… Though I’m still heart-broken from what happened and I wish it didn’t happen, I loved the end result. My heart has been torn between both Devin and Ethan and the decision wasn’t going to be easy, that was certain… But overall, despite my heart, I still very much enjoyed the ending. I adore T.’s writing and I love both of these books immensely! Definitely pick up, but be warned, you’ll need tissues! ;)
- Broken by Annie Jocoby: Full review will be up on my blog later this week. I really enjoyed this story overall, but my biggest problem was Nick. His character and development threw me off and though I liked him, some of his choices put me off. I loved Scotty’s character. I loved her roommate and best friend, Jack. More thoughts on full review. (I just finished this today, so I’m still trying to process my feelings)
What I’m Currently Reading:
Well, to be EXACT, I’m not reading anything at the moment… But these are the ones currently on the “back-burner” at the moment because of review books.
I will continue these books when I can knock out a couple more review books. An Ember in the Ashes will probably be the first finished just because I was supposed to read this in September for a book club I’m apart of, but didn’t get to until now.
What’s On My Plate For Next Week:
These are my next 3 review books. I will be reading in this order- I’ve already made a list with the order I need to read them in. Most books to review that had/have dates are either later this month or already passed. I do have a test next Sunday, so I’m not sure I’ll finish all 3 of these, but hopefully at least 2 of them for sure! :)
I’ll see you guys next Sunday with what I read!
……. Or my next post. ;)