Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week’s theme is ‘Top Ten Most Unique Books I’ve Read’.
This is in no particular order.
1. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer trilogy by Michelle Hodkin: The whole concept of this trilogy is mind blowing. You don’t know if Mara is just crazy or if what’s going on is really what’s happening. Things are very crazy in this trilogy! Definitely one of my all time favorites!
2. The Knife of Never Letting Go/Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness: This is such an interesting take for a dystopian world in which women are basically eradicated (well at least that’s how it seems). Everyone can hear each others’ thoughts.. Yes, that includes bugs and animals as well!
3. Control by Lydia Kang: I really like this dystopian take on the science world! I found this story and the world so interesting! I had a lot of fun reading it. It wasn’t my favorite though, but I HIGHLY enjoyed it very much!
4. White Hot Kiss/Dark Elements by Jennifer L. Armentrout: Do I need to explain myself?! :) JLA is definitely a auto-buy author and my 2nd all time favorite author, so it was bound to happen that one of her books would be on this list! White Hot Kiss is definitely on this! Seriously.. GARGOYLES!!!!
5. These Broken Stars by Aime Kaufman and Meagan Spooner: I love this Titanic/star-crossed lovers feel and the sci-fi aspect! I ABSOLUTELY love this book VERY much! Definitely a must read! The story has so many unexpectable plot twists!
6. Angelfall/Penryn & the End of Days series by Susan Ee: I have never come across this kind of angel story so far… Usually angels have “good” stories… Think again. This one is extremely creepy and somewhat scary! I LOVED IT!
7. The Darkest Minds trilogy by Alexandra Bracken: I LOVE this trilogy so much! The whole concept on this dystopian world! :D (Sense a trend? .. Dystopian is my 2nd favorite genre) I love the colors that these kids are “assigned” to and what they are capable of doing.. It’s interesting.
8. Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth: I’ve only read Divergent.. But oh well. Maybe because I recently saw the movie that I’m still obsessing over this world.. Who knows, but this is definitely on it! People being split into factions based on their personality.. It’s an interesting world!
9. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: Quite honestly I was running out of ideas for this week’s so these last 2 are just kind of added. :) But I loved Fangirl, I have never come across a contemporary yet that deals with girls/guys that are just like us! Yes, that sounds stupid. But I mean like actual fangirls!! :)
10. The D.U.F.F. by Kody Keplinger: I just loved this story… I don’t really know how to explain my feelings for this book. I read this quite a while back (sometime last year) and even now in April, I can remember everything that happened. Those that have read this, probably know what I’m talking about. I absolutely loved this story!